Cyber Hygiene not a Focus for Cybersecurity Leaders, Despite Being Targets of Attacks Themselves
New findings from a survey of over 100 global cybersecurity leaders across all major industries sheds light on the apathy around needed proper cyber hygiene in their own lives.
If the head of your cybersecurity program doesn’t care about cyber hygiene, how can you expect them to provide solid leadership to direct your organization to a more secure state?
In what appears to be a case of “do as I say and not as I do”, new data from HelpNetSecurity shows how cyber leaders aren’t taking their own medicine:
- 24% of cyber leaders have used the same password for both work and personal use
- 45% put themselves and their organization at risk by connecting to public WiFi without using a VPN
- 48% use their work computer to log on to social network platforms and of those, 77% accept connection requests from unknown individuals
All this, while those very same individuals have personally experienced attacks. According to the same report:
- 74% of cyber leaders reported being targeted in a phishing or vishing attack in the last 90 days
- 34% say they have been targeted in a phishing or vishing attack from someone impersonating their CEO
- 57% have suffered an account takeover attack in their personal lives
This should be very disconcerting; we need leadership, well… leading by example. Perhaps cybersecurity leadership need to take a refresher course. Or better yet, make sure they, too, are continually enrolled in Security Awareness Training where the basic concepts of cyber hygiene are reinforced.
The world’s largest library of security awareness training content is now just a click away!
In your fight against phishing and social engineering you can now deploy the best-in-class simulated phishing platform combined with the world’s largest library of security awareness training content; including 1000+ interactive modules, videos, games, posters and newsletters.
You can now get access to our new ModStore Preview Portal to see our full library of security awareness content; you can browse, search by title, category, language or content topics.
The ModStore Preview includes:
- Interactive training modules
- Trivia Games
- Posters and Artwork
- Newsletters and more!
PS: Don’t like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/security-awareness-training-preview-partner?partnerid=001a000001lWEoJAAW