Cybercriminals are now launching phishing campaigns that abuse Google’s free productivity tools while also using social engineering to trick you into installing malware.
Some of Google’s free offerings range from documents, spreadsheets, online forms, and free websites. These tools are primarily used by the education sector, which can be an easy target for the bad guys to infiltrate. A new report released by email security firm ArmorBlox showed how the bad guys are creating these elaborate campaigns that look convincing but avoid any detection of a scam.
In this example, threat actors are abusing Google Forms to steal your credentials:
To protect your organization from these types of attacks, it’s important to observe subject sensitive emails, especially when it’s related to money. Treat all email that have links and/or attachments as suspicious, and report any unsuspecting email to your security team.
New-school security awareness training can teach your users how to thoroughly examine a suspicious email, and apply their knowledge to everyday tasks.
Bleeping Computer has the full story.
Free Phishing Security Test
Would your users fall for convincing phishing attacks? Take the first step now and find out before the bad guys do. Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with phishing Industry Benchmarks. The Phish-prone percentage is usually higher than you expect and is great ammo to get budget.
Here’s how it works:
- Immediately start your test for up to 100 users (no need to talk to anyone)
- Select from 20+ languages and customize the phishing test template based on your environment
- Choose the landing page your users see after they click
- Show users which red flags they missed, or a 404 page
- Get a PDF emailed to you in 24 hours with your Phish-prone % and charts to share with management
- See how your organization compares to others in your industry
PS: Don’t like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/phishing-security-test-partner?partnerid=001a000001lWEoJAAW