More Than Half of Cybersecurity Leaders Say That Too Many Phishing Attacks Get Through
Egress, a cybersecurity company that provides intelligent email security, recently released their Email Security Risk Report 2023.
It’s solid research that shows 99% of cybersecurity leaders are stressed about their email security with good reason. The numbers are scary.
We mentioned their report a few weeks ago, but there are many important findings there.
Frustration with Traditional SEG technologies
The survey found dissatisfaction with many of the traditional SEG technologies in place to stop email security threats, with 98% of cybersecurity leaders frustrated with their SEG:
- 58% – It isn’t effective in stopping employees from accidentally emailing the wrong person or with the wrong attachment.
- 53% – Too many phishing emails end up in employees’ inboxes.
- 50% – It takes a lot of administrative time to manage.
DarkReading has a good summary of the report, and a link to their website for the whole report which is recommended.
Do you know what’s getting through your mail filters?
KnowBe4’s Mailserver Security Assessment (MSA) helps you assess your organization’s mailserver configuration settings and check the effectiveness of your email filtering rules. With email still the #1 attack vector used by threat actors, you want to see what types of messages may make it through your filters from the outside.
MSA gives you a quick insight at how your mailserver handles test messages that contain a variety of different message types including email with attachments that contain password-protected, macro zipped, and .exe files or have spoofed domains.
Here’s how MSA works:
- 100% non-malicious packages sent
- Select from 30+ automated email message types to test against
- Saves you time! No more manual testing of individual email messages using MSA’s automated send, test, and result status
- Validate that your current filtering rules work as expected
- Results in an hour or less!
Find out now if your mail server is configured correctly, many are not!
PS: Don’t like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/mailserver-security-assessment-partner?partnerid=001a000001lWEoJAAW