New data from security vendor Tripwire highlights how the shift to remote working has changed the face of cybersecurity for both the current work climate and the future.
Tripwire’s Remote Work and COVID-19 Cybersecurity Impact Report tells us everything we already suspected about the organisation’s ability to secure itself when everyone’s working from home.
According to the report:
- 94% of orgs are more concerned about cybersecurity now than before COVID-19
- 89% find it more difficult to ensure the security of the organisation
- 83% are concerned about the security of collaboration tools
- 65% believe their current security stance is worse because of COVID-19
One factor that stands out is the individual employee and how this shift to working remotely has impacted the organisation’s ability to secure them. According to the report:
- 49% can’t effectively secure employee’s home environments
- 48% feel their employees are more susceptible to phishing, social engineering, and other security attacks when they work from home
The good news is 41% of organisations are investing in Security Awareness Training to help offset this gap in security. By educating remote users on current phishing and social engineering methods, employees can strengthen the organisation’s security at the new home “perimeter”.
Request A Demo: Security Awareness Training
New-school Security Awareness Training is critical to enabling you and your IT staff to connect with users and help them make the right security decisions all of the time. This isn’t a one and done deal, continuous training and simulated phishing are both needed to mobilize users as your last line of defence. Request your one-on-one demo of KnowBe4’s security awareness training and simulated phishing platform and see how easy it can be!
PS: Don’t like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/one-on-one-demo-partners?partnerid=001a000001lWEoJAAW