The famous UK football club Manchester United recently became the next victim of a cyber attack. The club stated that the personal data from fans have not been stolen.
According to the club’s statement, “The club has taken swift action to contain the attack and is working with expert advisers to investigate the incident,” “Our cyber defences identified the attack and shut down affected systems to contain the damage and protect data,” the statement added.
The soccer club also stated that protocols and procedures are in place for these types of incidents. The case is still under investigation.
If Manchester United did not have any protocols in place for these types of incidents, this situation could have been much worse. That’s why new-school security awareness training is so important for your end users to be trained on security best practices and how they can be vigilant and report a potential attack.
BBC Sports News has the full story.
Free Phishing Security Test
Would your users fall for convincing phishing attacks? Take the first step now and find out before the bad guys do. Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with phishing Industry Benchmarks. The Phish-prone percentage is usually higher than you expect and is great ammo to get budget.
Here’s how it works:
- Immediately start your test for up to 100 users (no need to talk to anyone)
- Select from 20+ languages and customize the phishing test template based on your environment
- Choose the landing page your users see after they click
- Show users which red flags they missed, or a 404 page
- Get a PDF emailed to you in 24 hours with your Phish-prone % and charts to share with management
- See how your organization compares to others in your industry
PS: Don’t like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/phishing-security-test-partner?partnerid=001a000001lWEoJAAW